During the first week after surgery, you'll want to check the incision area every day to make sure it's clean and shows no sign of irritation. You'll also want to give your pet any medication Dr. Clark or Dr. Kanouse has prescribed.
- Check the incision at least once each day
- Give your pet any medication they are supposed to take
- Provide love and attention but limit running, jumping and rough playing
One week after surgery, you'll want to call the Brook Farm team and let us know how your boy is doing.
- Call the Brook Farm office and update the medical team on your pet's recovery
- Discuss any medication or refill needs
- Check with your Brook Farm vet for the OK to resume normal activities, like baths and play groups
Likely, you will not need a follow up appointment; however, if your vet has instructed you to come back in for a second exam, be sure to arrange that appointment as soon as possible.